Saturday, January 23, 2010

Disneyland

Disneyland is known as "The Happiest Place On Earth" and rightfully so. Whenever Rebekah and I visited there, we were consumed and lost in the fantasy world of Mickey and friends.  Whatever burdens we were carrying were left at the entrance.


Ten years ago, this past Christmas Day, was the first time that Rebekah and I first visited Disneyland together. We had been housemates for six months and my best friend gifted me that Christmas with the use of his car. Now, my friend lived sixty miles away and this offer came right out of the blue.  To this day, I believe God had His hand in this and everything else having to do with Rebekah.


We were out on one of our many walks together the night my friend dropped off his car.  The conversation evolved into what we were doing for Christmas. She had no plans and neither did I, so we decided that it would be fun to spend the day at Disneyland.  I had not been to Disneyland since they had opened California Adventure so I thought it would be fun to see how things had changed.

So on my day off a few days before Christmas, we went out shopping and ended up out in the Inland Empire forty miles away.  Yes, there were Disney stores much closer, but we liked doing spur of the moment things and having little adventures.  We spent a few hours at the Ontario Mills just window shopping and hoping to find a Disney store there.  No luck.  There was another mall a few miles away in Montclair, so we headed there.

Now I was getting pretty tired when we got there.  Most people, I believe, would go to one of those convenient store directories to locate the store they were looking for, but not me.  Men don't need maps.  We don't need directions.  We love to explore, right?

So we practically walked through the whole mall before we found the Disney store.  I encountered a little obstacle at this point... MONEY!  I thought that we were just going to go to Disneyland for the day.  She wanted to get annual passports.  I explained my situation to her and without hesitation, she said to give her my money and she would pay for the passports and I could pay her back later.

We walked out of there with Rebekah holding on to a couple of plastic credit card looking things that would allow us to gain entry to Disneyland.  We got home, anticipating what was to come in just a few days.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment